Would you wish to join the upcoming generation of global health leaders? Apply with a group of extraordinarily talented people for the GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders in 2024–2025.
The goal of the GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders is to assist those who are passionate about health and aspire to lead the field of global health in the future.
This esteemed scholarship program will strengthen and improve health systems and health-related research across the African continent.
Students with a track record of exemplary academic achievement who are prepared to start a full-time MSc study at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) will be considered for the GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders.
However, only a select group of students receive rewards from this plan. Hundreds of deserving students apply for the scholarships every year, but only three are chosen.
The three chosen candidates for the 2024–2025 GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders will receive GBP 19,500.00 in tax-free living expenses, tuition, and required travel expenses.
The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is a UK-based educational institution. It is a public research university established in 1899 in Bloomsbury, central London.
More than one thousand domestic and international students are enrolled in LSHTM’s numerous academic programs. As one of the UK’s most respected universities, it exudes intellectual quality.
An Overview of GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders
• Host country for scholarships: United Kingdom (UK)
• The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine is the host institution for scholarships.
• Scholarship level at the master’s degree level
• Type of funding for scholarships: Full funding
Value of the scholarship programme: GBP 19,500.00
• Eligible pupils: African pupils
• March 4, 2024, is the deadline for scholarship applications.
Benefits of GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders
• It pays for the chosen students’ entire tuition.
• It provides required fees to the chosen students.
• It provides a GBP 19,500.00 living allowance to the three selected students.
Conditions of Eligibility for GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders
• Students who are interested must be residents of and citizens of sub-Saharan African nations.
• After completing their MSc programme at LSHTM, interested students must be prepared to return to sub-Saharan Africa.
• Interested students must fill out the Scholarships Application Form and provide documentation proving they cannot afford the suggested MSc curriculum.
• Interested students must meet the minimal English language proficiency levels LSHTM sets.
• Applicants must be first-degree holders at the upper-second-class or first-degree equivalent level.
• Admission to the MSc program at LSHTM for the 2024–2025 academic year must be extended to interested applicants.
Note: There is a greater probability of getting the scholarship award for interested students whose paperwork or application demonstrates the potential to contribute to public health and health-related research in Africa.
Programs That Qualify for GSK Scholarships for Up-and-Coming Health Leaders
MSc Clinical Trials by Distance Learning; MSc Demography & Health; MSc Control of Infectious Diseases; MSc Epidemiology; MSc Global Health Policy by Distance Learning; MSc Immunology of Infectious Diseases; MSc Health Policy Planning & Financing; MSc Infectious Diseases by Distance Learning; MSc Medical Microbiology; MSc Medical Entomology for Disease Control; MSc Medical Parasitology; MSc Medical Statistics; MSc One Health: Ecosystems, Humans, and Animals; MSc Public Health; MSc Public Health for Development; MSc Public Health by Distance Learning; MSc in Public Health for Eye Care; MSc Tropical Medicine & International Health
Study plans or research proposals; detailed resumes or CVs; passports; certificates and transcripts; motivational letters
Procedure for Applications
Interested students can apply for this scholarship programme by following the two procedures on the link below. Before the application closes, they are also urged to upload all necessary documentation.
Those passionate about health and wanting to be part of the next wave of global health leaders can apply for the GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders. The program is merit-based, and three exceptional and motivating applicants will be shortlisted.