Do you wish to study a Master’s program in the United Kingdom as an English language teacher? If so, consider applying to the University of Exeter for the Hornby Trust Scholarship in 2024.
English language instructors and others in allied fields who can advance English language use in their native countries are eligible to apply for the University of Exeter’s Hornby Trust Scholarship.
The University of Exeter hopes to provide ten fully financed scholarships to deserving international students who fit the prerequisites for admission to the university and intend to pursue a Master’s programme.
Applicants from low- and middle-income nations who have demonstrated excellence in their academic programs and are ready to pursue a full-time Master’s degree program at the esteemed University of Exeter are eligible to apply for the Hornby Trust Scholarship.
While the University of Exeter provides need-based scholarships to students, only ten students with exceptional academic records will be awarded the Hornby Trust Scholarship, which is given out based on merit.
The University of Exeter is a research university situated in the United Kingdom. It was made in West Country, England, in 1838. Its campuses are located in Devon and Exeter. The university is among the oldest in the United Kingdom.
Exeter offers numerous undergraduate and graduate degree programs. Over 31,000 students, both domestic and foreign, attend it. It’s impressive how many international students are enrolled at the prestigious.
An overview of the Hornby Trust Scholarship
• The United Kingdom is the host country for scholarships.
• University of Exeter is the scholarship host institution.
• Master’s degree as the sort of scholarship awarded
• Type of funding for scholarships: Full funding
• Spots in the scholarship programme: ten (10)
• Students who qualify: Foreign students
• March 1, 2024, is the deadline for scholarship applications.
Benefits of the Hornby Trust Scholarship
• It provides full tuition to a chosen group of pupils.
• It provides lodging to a limited number of students.
• It provides a living allowance to chosen applicants.
• It provides a monthly stipend to chosen pupils.
• It pays for the return airfare for a chosen group of students abroad.
The Hornby Trust Scholarship Requirements
• The applicant must be a national of a qualifying low- or middle-income nation.
• After receiving their first degree, candidates must have worked as full-time TESOL teachers for at least three years or have equivalent professional experience.
• The candidate must hold a relevant undergraduate or postgraduate degree with the necessary grade.
• The interested students need to be enrolled full-time in a University of Exeter degree program that qualifies.
How to Apply for a Hornby Trust Scholarship
All applicants must complete the two application forms found at the following link. One is for admission to the University of Exeter, and the other is for the application for the Hornby Trust Scholarship.
Before March 1, 2024, interested and qualified students are urged to submit both applications. Candidates should know that the University of Exeter will not accept applications from applicants after the due date.
At the University of Exeter, interested and eligible students from low- and middle-income countries can apply for full scholarships to pursue a master’s degree through the Hornby Trust Scholarship. This scholarship will be awarded to up to ten overseas students.