The University of Queensland in Australia is currently inviting interested international students to apply for its Science International Scholarships to study in the university. The University of Queensland International Science Scholarships are presently annually to fresh international students, and it’s based on academic records and financial need.
Are you a sound international student, do you wish to study with a fully-funded scholarship in Australia, and you major in sciences? Then take advantage of this scholarship program and pursue your educational dream in one of the best universities in Australia.
The University of Queensland was founded in 1909. It’s a public research university in Australia widely recognised for grooming future leaders through the quality education it offers.
The University of Queensland was ranked nationally by the Australian Research Council in its recent research assessment.
UQ is one of the founders of edX – a leading Group of Eight in Australia, and the international research-intensive Association of Pacific Rim Universities.
The University of Queensland’s abroad establishments are the UQ North America office in Washington D.C., and the UQ-Ochsner Clinical School in Louisiana, US.
The programs the University of Queensland offers includes Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral, and higher Doctorate Degrees via a college, a graduate school, and six unique faculties.
The university includes more than one hundred research institutes and centers offering research programs, like the Institute for Molecular Bioscience, Boeing Research and Technology Australia Centre, the UQ Dow Centre for Sustainable Engineering Innovation, and the Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology.
The University of Queensland has produced two Nobel laureates; Peter C. Doherty and John Harsanyi, more than a hundred Olympians winning numerous gold medals, and over 100 Rhodes Scholars among its former staff and alumni. Some of the university’s alumni are the University of California, San Francisco Chancellor Sam Hawgood, the first female Governor-General of Australia Dame Quentin Bryce, former President of King’s College London Ed Byrne, and member of the United Kingdom’s Prime Minister Council for Science and Technology Max Lu, Oscar and many more.
• The Science International Scholarships awards worth AUD 8,000.
Requirements for University of Queensland Science International scholarships:
Interested applicants are qualified if they are:
- international students
- studying full-time degrees
- starting their first semester at the University of Queensland
- beginning a University of Queensland Faculty of Science program (a minimum of one-year duration). See the terms and conditions below for a full list of qualified programs.
- have met the conditions of their offer by the scholarship’s deadline (they don’t need to accept their full offer by the scholarship application deadline)
- demonstrate excellent academic performance in their previous studies.
The Date of Interview, Procedure, and the Venue for Science International Scholarships
We will consider:
- applicants academic performance (based on the academic credentials they submitted in their UQ Faculty of Science program application).
- their capacity to create positive change and contribute to science (according to the personal statement they submitted in their Science International Scholarships application).
The University of Queensland cherishes diversity and inclusion, and will consider these when we reviewing applicants’ application.
How to Apply?
All applicants for the Science International Scholarships should click here to apply.
Applicants will need:
- Personal Statement.
Applicants are strongly advised to attach all their supporting documents before they submit applications.
Closing Date: June 30, 2022
The Science International Scholarships at the University of Queensland offers applicants awards worth AUD 8,000.