Are you interested in the Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarships? The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is pleased to announce the opening of applications for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship under the Scholarship Award Scheme for the academic year 2023/2024. Foreign students from qualified countries are encouraged to apply.
The scholarship grant is available in Brunei Darussalam and allows applicants to pursue a Diploma, Undergraduate Degree, or Postgraduate Master’s Degree at any of Brunei Darussalam’s selected institutions of higher learning.
- Brunei Darussalam Government is the Scholarship Sponsor(s)
- Most of the scholarships are Fully Funded type of scholarships.
- Higher education institutions in Brunei Darussalam are the host institution(s).
- The number of awards is not specified.
- Undergraduate/Postgraduate Level of Education
- International Students’ are eligible to apply
Who is eligible for the Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarships?
The award is solely open to foreign citizens; Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents are NOT eligible. Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to be considered:
- Not older than 25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programs, and 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programs, on the first day of July in the year the course/programme begins.
- Have a Credit 6 in GCE ‘O’ Level Examination or a Grade “C” in IGCSE English (as a second language) or an IELTS score of 6.0 or a TOEFL minimum score of 550 in English.
The following websites provide information on the programs offered, entry requirements, and any further information;
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam– ubd.edu.bn
- Kolej Universiti Perguruan Ugama Seri Begawan– kupu-sb.edu.bn
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali – www.unissa.edu.bn
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei– utb.edu.bn
- Politeknik Brunei– pb.edu.bn
The scholarship recipient will benefit from the following scholarship benefits:
- exemption from paying tuition fees for the duration of the programme;
- Prior to the start of the course, you will receive an economy class air ticket from your country of origin/country of domicile to Brunei Darussalam, as well as upon completion of the course, an economy class air ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile.
- a BND$500.00 monthly personal allowance;
- a BND$150.00 monthly food allowance;
- a BND$600.00 annual book allowance
- accommodation at the University/residential Polytechnic’s college;
- you would get an allowance that would cover for your baggage for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal items to the scholarship recipient’s place of origin/country of domicile after program completion, up to a maximum of:
- BND$250.00 to an ASEAN country or BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region
- thorough insurance for the whole duration of the Scholarship.
Procedures for Making Applications
- To apply, please complete the online Application Form at the following link: BDGS Application Form.
- Candidate applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also submit an online application, which may be found at https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome/.
- Documents required for uploading in the application form (BDGS Application Form):
- -A recent passport-size photo.
- -Certified accurate copies of academic credentials and other supporting documentation (i.e. certificates, testimonials, transcripts).
- -For supporting documents that are not in English, certified English translations must be submitted.
- -Certified authentic copies of both the birth certificate and the passport.
- -Referee references and recommendations. (C1 and C2 Forms)
Application Deadline: 15 February 2023
Visit the Website for more Details
VU Amsterdam Scholarships for International Students 2023/24
University of Winnipeg President Scholarships for International Students in 2023