The Gordon F Henderson Postdoctoral Fellowship is designed for researchers with innovative research project which is in the order of the Human Rights Research and Education Centre (HRREC) at the University of Ottawa, and who will benefit from developing the project at the HRREC.
The University of Ottawa is a bilingual public research university founded in 1848 in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The university has over 41,000 students. According to Wikipedia, it has 35,515 undergraduate students and 6,741 post-graduate students. The University of Ottawa is recognized as the biggest English-French bilingual university in the whole world.
Ottawa has up to 7,000 international students who are from 150 countries, accounting for 17 percent of the student population in the university. Also, the university has a network of over 190,000 alumni. Its athletic teams are regarded as the Gee-Gees and are members of U Sports.
- The Gordon F Henderson Postdoctoral Fellowship award worth CAD$42,000 and will be paid according to terms to be agreed upon between the Postdoctoral fellow and the HRREC.
- It doesn’t cover the travel costs of the recipient (to Ottawa or return to the Fellow’s place of origin).
Eligibility Criteria for Gordon F Henderson Postdoctoral Fellowship
- The candidates will have obtained a doctoral degree no more than five years before December 31, 2022.
- Applicants who have acquired their Doctorate from the University of Ottawa or through a combined degree program with the University of Ottawa are not eligible to apply.
- All applicants must have agreed to work at the HRREC for the full period of the scholarship.
- Also, applicants need to agree to contribute to the development and scholarly activities of the HRREC by immersing in an original research program that is different from the research he or she has previously undertaken.
- The scholarship program is open to both Canadian citizens and international students.
- The Fellowship requires the candidates to take up the position physically at the HRREC.
How to Apply?
The interested candidates should send the following documents (in English or French) to Viviana Fernandez ([email protected]), the Assistant Director of the HRREC:
- Short Cover Letter
- C.V. (Up to date)
- Five-page summary of applicant’s doctoral thesis
- A written comments of the thesis examination committee;
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Five-page research proposal explaining the Postdoctoral project, its purposes, and its outputs.
For further inquires, visit here.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2022
The Gordon F Henderson Postdoctoral Fellowship award is worth CAD$42,000 and will be paid according to terms to be agreed upon among the Postdoctoral fellow and the HRREC.
- University of Copenhagen Positions in Environmental Epidemiology Scholarship for International Students in Denmark