The University of East Anglia and the British Library are informing interested applicants of their fully-funded Collaborative Doctoral International Scholarships which will come up October 2022 under the AHRC’s Collaborative Doctoral Partnership Scheme.
Library of Robert Cotton (1571-1631), now a fundamental of the BL’s globally-significant collections, has been posited as the most pertinent collection of manuscripts ever collated in Britain by an individual. This CDP provides a distinctive chance to produce an original piece of research on the origins and/or seventeenth-century development of Cotton’s exceptional collection.
This project work will be supervised by Dr. Thomas Roebuck and Dr. Katherine Hunt, University of East Anglia, who are professionals in early modern scholarship and collecting practices; and Julian Harrison and Dr. Andrea Clarke, lead curators of Medieval and Early Modern Manuscripts at the BL. The holder of the award will be based at UEA, and will also be based at the BL for an important proportion of the studentship.
At UEA, student will join a growing Medieval and Early Modern research community and have access to a host of training opportunities, and at the BL student will benefit from behind-the-scenes access, learning from other professionals across the Library, and an extensive internal training offer. Student will also join the wider cohort of CDP-funded students across the United Kingdom and will be qualified to partake in the CDP Cohort Development Events. This studentship can be studied in both fulltime and part-time. It depends.
The University Of East Anglia was founded in 1963 Norwich, England. It’s a public research university with four faculties and 26 schools of study. The annual income of the university for 2020-2021 was £292.1 million. £35.2 million from it was from research grants and contracts, with an expenditure of £290.4 million.
See Other Scholarships Opportunities
• The Scholarship offers tuition fees close to the weight of the full-time home UKRI rate for Ph.D. degrees. The 2022/2023 Research Councils UK Indicative fee level is £4,596. UEA promises to waive the fee difference for the selected international students.
• It provides full maintenance for all selected students, both domestic and international. The 2022/2023 UKRI National Minimum Doctoral stipend is £16,062, including a CDP maintenance payment of £550/year, and a London-partner allowance of £1000/year.
Eligibility Criteria for the Collaborative Doctoral International Scholarships
- For applicants to be eligible for the Collaborative Doctoral International Scholarships, they must meet all the below criteria:
- The interested applicants for the Collaborative Doctoral International Scholarships must be domestic and international students.
- You must demonstrate an interest in the library sector, and you mush have enthusiasm and potential for developing skills in related areas.
How to Apply for the Collaborative Doctoral International Scholarships:
If you’re qualified to apply for this scholarship program after checking the eligibility criteria, Kindly click on the below link.
The application for this scholarship program will close in June 8, 2022.
The scholarship program has in reserve some nice perks for the applicants who will be selected to participate in the program. Besides, the scholarship is fully-funded.
Official Website: Click here