The Early Professionals, Inspired Careers in AgeTech EPIC AT Fellowship Program offers a minimum of $8,000 to trainees and $10,000 to Early Career Researchers.
EPIC AT Fellowship Program aims to support promising new scholars to participate fully in an exclusive 1-year training program. The program will focus on developing new skills and providing a breadth of experience in transdisciplinary working, stakeholder engagement and co-creation, the research-policy dynamic, and the creation and execution process.
The fellowship program will provide fellows the opportunity to execute, develope, and assess digital technologies that support older Canadians with complex health needs age safely, independently, and with dignity in the setting of their choices.
However, the required time dedication of the training and mentorship program is about 50-60 hours over 1 year.
About University of Toronto
The University of Toronto was founded in 1827. It’s a research university in Toronto, Ontario and first institution of higher learning in Upper Canada.
The university was initially controlled by the Church of England, and it adopted its current name in 1850 after becoming a temporal institution.
The University of Toronto offers over 600 undergraduate and 200 graduate programs. The university is often rated in the top ten public universities in the world and as the top university in Canada.
The university does receive the most annual scientific research funding and endowment of any Canadian university, and it’s one of two members of the Association of American Universities outside the US.
The University of Toronto is noticed for influential movements and curricula in literary criticism and communication theory, popularly known as the Toronto School.
Also, the university was the birthplace of insulin and stem cell research.
Perks of EPIC AT Fellowship Program
All selected applicants for the EPIC AT Fellowship Program will:
- Gather in-depth, technical expertise in executing, developing, and assessing digital health solutions for seniors with complex health needs.
- Have access to multi-sectoral mentors and sponsors.
- Participate in value-added professional development training, internship, and lab exchange opportunities.
- Communicate with a community of tech researchers and specialists
- Receive support to recognize and achieve career goals.
Requirements for EPIC AT Fellowship Program?
- Both domestic and international graduate applicants or postdoctoral fellows must participate in full-time in their respective programs at a Canadian post-secondary institution or research institute.
- Early career researcher applicants must be within the first 5 years (60 months) of a full-time academic appointment at a Canadian post-secondary institution or research institute.
- All candidates must be involve in academic study/research aligned with the task and vision of EPIC-AT and be ready to partake fully in the training platform program.
- Candidates may not possess an AGE-WELL Annual Graduate and Postdoctoral Award concurrently with an EPIC AT Fellowship Program.
Interview date, Process, and Venue for EPIC AT Fellowship Program
The notice of admissions will be received in August 2022. The fellowship will begin in September 1, 2022.
How to Apply for EPIC AT Fellowship Program
Follow the below steps to apply for the EPIC AT Fellowship Program:
- The application has the online application form and supporting documents detailed below. Late or incomplete applications will not be attended to. Be informed that this includes Letters of Reference.
- Applicants are advised to complete the EPIC-AT Fellowship Application (in either English or French), with the selected word processing software.
- If applicants are ready to submit their application online, if they have not already done so, they need to register with the AGE-WELL Forum Research Portal (the form will ask for your name and email). After they submit the registration form, the system will create an account and send their certifications to the email address they forwarded. Once they log in, they will have to reset their temporary password.
- The “My Applications” link is in the top right of the page they will reach after they reset their password. They should please, select “EPIC-AT Award 2022.” Copy application material and upload supporting documents to the AGE-WELL Forum Research Portal website by 5 pm ET on June 13, 2022.
- Letters of support should be sent directly to [email protected].
Application Deadline: June 13, 2022
This is just one of the best fellowships programs you will ever come across with the fantastic perks it offers. The selection of applicants will be based on their academic achievements. Hurry up now!