Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship is committed to offering equal opportunities in higher education for people who are seeking sanctuary in the UK and assisting them to meet their dreams and full potentials.
The Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship is offered to a Postgraduate taught Master’s program qualified applicants every academic year.
The scholarship program covers selected student’s full tuition and education-related costs.
About the University
Founded in 1920, the Swansea University is a public research university United Kingdom.
In 1996, the university changed its name to the University of Wales Swansea due to structural changes within the University of Wales. However, the title of Swansea University was formally documented on 1 September 2007 when the University of Wales became a non-membership confederal institution and the former members became universities in their own right.
The university has up to 8 colleges which cut across its two campuses which are located on the coastline of Swansea Bay.
Besides, the £450 million Bay Campus, opened in September 2015, is situated close to Jersey Marine Beach to the east of Swansea city center which is in the Neath Port Talbot Area.
When it comes to number of admitted students, the Swansea University is the third biggest university in Wales. Swansea offers over 300 undergraduate courses and 100 post-graduate courses to 20,375 undergraduate and postgraduate students.
The university has 61 centers of research. 2014 Research Excellence Framework rated Swansea University 26th in the UK for research excellenc.
For offering research that has a genuine impact on global issues, Swansea was rated 22nd in the UK. Also, for every £1 million of funding awarded in the research grant by the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales, the university raised another £2.5 million from other bodies.
Swansea University has been presented the Athena SWAN Bronze award for advancing women’s careers both in Science, Technology, Engineering, Medicines, and Mathematics.
Furthermore, the university was also a prominent partner in the successful Thrust SSC and-speed record attempt which currently possesses world land-speed record.
- The scholarship covers a full tuition fee bursary, to cover the cost of postgraduate taught Master’s course fees.
- It will provide funds to help towards course-related costs which include travel to and from Swansea University subsistence costs, digital equipment, and books.
Requirements for Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship program:
For applicants to be eligible for the Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship, they must meet all the following requirements:
- Be a person seeking aslyum in the UK
- Applicant who has been granted discretionary leave to stay or Humanitarian Protection
- The applicant is the partner/dependent mentioned on the application of an asylum seeker in the UK
How to Apply?
For applicant to apply for the Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship, he or she needs to possess a conditional or unconditional offer to study at Swansea University on a qualified Master’s course.
Future Learn offers a free online course to assist asylum seekers through the application process of applying to a UK university. All interested candidates must apply before the application deadline of 4pm Thursday 30 June 2022.
The applicants are advised to read the Swansea 2022 Application Guidance before they complete their applications.
To apply, complete and submit the following to [email protected]:
- Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship 2022 Application Form
- Personal Statement
- Copy of your Swansea University offer letter
- Letter of reference from a person of good standing who is knowledgeable of your circumstances and can confirm your suitability to study a Postgraduate Taught Master’s degree (for example a teacher or former teacher, a member of a community group or organization that has been supporting you, etc).
- A proof of your present immigration status/pending status*
For further details, visit Swansea University’s website.
Application Deadline for the Scholarship: June 30, 2022
The scholarship program covers a full tuition fee bursary, to cover the cost of postgraduate Taught Master’s course fees.