Application for Rhodes Scholarship for 2022/2023 academic session has been announced for interested and qualified aspirants who are willing to study at the Oxford University in the United Kingdom.
The Rhodes Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship program which offers successful aspirants a full tuition waiver including a living stipend worth £17,310 per annum (2021-22 rate).
The Rhodes scholarship also provides shortlisted aspirants a Settling Allowance, Health Insurance. Also, it covers the costs of Visa and two economy flight tickets to travel to and from the United kingdom.
- Country: United Kingdom
- Scholarship Category: Postgraduate scholarship/Master scholarship
- Eligible National: All foreign students
- Scholarship Reward: Full Scholarship
- Tuition Waiver
- £17,310 Annual Living Stipend
- Settling-in Allowance
- Visa + Travel Costs
- Scholarship Opens: June 1, 2022
- Scholarship Deadline: August 1, 2022
The Rhodes Scholarships are global: two new Global Scholarships allow qualified aspirants from the rest of the world to put in (subject to nomination).
Rhodes Global Scholarship is in search of exceptional young leaders who are motivated to engage with global challenges and to promote international peace and understanding.
Requirements of Scholarship
For aspirants to considered for the Rhodes Scholarship, they must meet the following eligibility requirements
1. Nationality/citizenship: You can apply to the Global Scholarships if you are not qualified to apply through any existing Rhodes constituency. Aspirants who have strong connections to one or more Rhodes constituency but do not meet their eligibility criteria should consider inter-jurisdictional consideration instead of the Global Scholarship
2. Age: Interested aspirants meet either of the below criteria:
a. On October 1, 2022, aspirants must be at least 18 and have not reached their 24th birthday (i.e. they must have been born after October 1, 1998 and on or before October 1, 2004). OR (for older aspirants who completed their first undergraduate degree later than usual)
b. On October 1, 2022, aspirants must not have reached their 27th birthday (i.e. have been born after October 1, 1995), they have met or will meet the academic requirements for completing their first undergraduate degree on or after October 1, 2021*
3. Academic achievement: Aspirants must have already completed, or will have completed by July 2023, an undergraduate degree (normally a Bachelor’s degree) with an academic background and grade that at a minimum meets or exceeds the specific entry requirements of their chosen full-time course at the University of Oxford.
Considering the very intense international competition for places at the University of Oxford, aspirants will have a greater chance of successful admission to Oxford if they have a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent or a GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher.
4. English language: All aspirants must have a sufficiently high standard of English to meet the English language proficiency requirements (at the Higher Level listed) of the University of Oxford.
5. Aspirants who were unsuccessful in their first application to the Rhodes Scholarships, are eligible to re-apply only once more (and this must be in the same constituency), subject to meeting the eligibility criteria.
All successful aspirants will have access to all the perks reserved for this scholarship program. However, all aspirants are advised to apply for the scholarship program before the closing date.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Swinburne University of Technology Bachelor Scholarship Award Australia
UNICAF Scholarships for Postgraduate Students 2022/2023
2022 The University of Alberta Golden Bell Jar Graduate International Scholarships in Canada
2022 King’s University Undergraduate Scholarship Award in Canada