The Stellenbosch University is the first African university to be granted these scholarships by DeepMind, a London-based leading company in artificial intelligence research and its application in the whole world.
In 2010, DeepMind was founded in London. DeepMind Scholarships aim at broadening participation in science and support the wider research ecosystem, also in Africa.
Summary of Scholarship
- Scholarship Country: South Africa
- Programme: Postgraduate, Master’s & Phd degrees
- Qualified Country: Sub-Saharan African Countries
- Scholarship Award: Full Scholarship
- Tuition fees
- Living expenses
- Health insurance
- Scholarship Closes: August 31, 2022
Details of Scholarship:
These scholarships are accessible to students from sub-Saharan Africa who want to pursue research related to machine learning, with the successful students selected by Stellenbosch University to begin their courses in 2022.
The DeepMind Scholarship offers promising and outstanding students from the selected countries the support that they need to study at top universities. The scholarships cover tuition and the selected aspirants are given guidance and support from DeepMind mentors.
Aspirants who wish to be considered for these scholarships, must be:
- from Sub-Saharan African Countries
- in global machine learning landscape
- an honours degree in Applied Mathematics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Mathematical Statistics.
- in possession of a four-year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- an NQF level 8 qualification deemed equivalent to the above, in a field closely linked to AI and ML.
- Must possess an existing and demonstrable proficiency in Python or an equivalent programming language
These scholarships aim at supporting brilliant and outstanding students from the Sub-Saharan Africa countries. The scholarships are open to all the students who meet the eligibility criteria.