The Royal Academy of Engineering offers Research Fellowships annually to the outstanding early-career researchers to help them to become future researchers in Engineering. The fellowships programs are founded for the following objectives:
° To support the best early-career researchers in establishing their international importance and independence.
° To provide long-term assistance in promoting the pursuit of an ambitious program of engineering research and impact
create ambassadors for the Academy and advocates for STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) disciplines.
The Royal Academy of Engineering is inviting early-career researchers worldwide who have been granted their Ph.D. in the last four years to apply for these fellowships programs.
The fellowship provides funding for a good five years. All accepted applications are capped at a maximum contribution from the Academy of £625,000 over the five years, at 80% of full economic costs. Nonetheless, the Research Fellowships will be held at a UK higher education university/institution or a UK research organization eligible to receive UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) funding.
The 2022/2023 fellowships program accept applications for the below research schemes:
Research Fellowship Engineering for Development Research Fellowship Worths:
The Research Fellowships perks include the following:
It offers fellows the opportunity to set a research track record and in turn be in a stronger position to apply for additional funding and thrive own research team.
• Research Fellowships can’t be co-hosted by multiple institutions.
• The institution hosting the Research Fellowships must agree to provide the Research Fellow with all the assistance normal for a permanent employee.
• It’s the applicant’s responsibility to reach out to the host institution to gain its formal approval before going ahead to apply for it.
• The proposed research project must be in the field of Engineering.
• This period includes the applicants’ work experience in academia or/and in the industry in the UK or/and worldwide. A margin close to three months over the four-year limit is acceptable. If you have had paternity/maternity leave or other extenuating circumstances (e.g. extended sick leave, national service, or caring responsibilities), this will be considered if the appropriate details and dates are provided in the application form.
• The Research Fellowship must be the fellow’s only source of employment.
• The Research Fellow should be based at the host institution for over 50% of the Research Fellowship.
• If you
• There are no nationality and age restrictions for candidates for this fellowship.
• The host institution is responsible for providing means for required work permits and related costs for the Research Fellows.
• If you have applied to this scheme before and was unsuccessful, you are eligible to reapply.
• The Research Fellowships must commence between August 1, 2023 and October 31, 2023.
• The duration of Research Fellowships is five years full-time, calculated on a pro-rata basis for part-time fellowship
• The number of applications each host institution can submit has limitation (see Application limit).
• Any applications that are incomplete or do not meet the requirements will be rejected.
• Once you submit your application, it cannot be edited and updated.
Research Fellowships must take place at eligible institutions that can show that it is capable of supporting an engineering-focused research project and researcher:
This fellowship program is loaded with opportunities and benefits. A large percentage of the expenses of this fellowship will be carried by the sponsor.
For more details, visit the Royal Academy of Engineering website.
Application Deadline: September 20, 2022