Scholarship Closes: August 24, 2022
London South Bank University has opened the application portal for its Chancerygate Foundation Bursary for African and Caribbean students.
All interested students who identify as having African or Caribbean ancestry and desire to put in for undergraduate surveying programs leading to Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) accreditation can apply for this scholarship programme. This award will help outstanding students to pursue their educational careers.
Brief Details About London South Bank University
Founded in 1892, London South Bank University has made a good name and image for itself through the outstanding education it offers students. Also, LSBU offers its students the opportunities to grow in their careers.
LSBU Scholarship Selection Criteria:
- Identify with an African and Caribbean heritage background.
- If your household income is below £25k per annum.
- You should be under 26 when you begin the course.
- Be the first generation in your family to progress to higher education.
- If you are disabled or have a specific learning difference.
- Having spent time in care in the UK, been placed in care, or are estranged from your family.
- If social services identify you as a young adult career.
- If you are enrolling for Higher Education with a BTEC as your main qualification.
This scholarship programme is open to students from the Africa and Caribbean.
- Shortlisted students will receive £10,000 per annum for living expenses and access to real work experience opportunities in the industry.
- For aspirants on a multi-year degree course, the bursary will be paid during each year of study, with the exception of aspirants undertaking a placement year.
- Students will be offered their bursary in two equal instalments of £5,000.
- Applicants should enroll in the LSBU Online Application System at the university. International undergraduate students can apply through UCAS. After applying, they should get in touch with us via [email protected].
LSBU grants a B.Sc. in Building Surveying or a B.Sc. in Quantity Surveying for undergraduate degree.
Documents Required for Scholarship Award
The following documents must be added as part of your application. We do not accept any other documents by email.
- A Personal Statement
- Your strengths and achievements to up date. It could be academic and personal achievements.
- What you hope to do after the completion of your course.
- How and why the financial assistance will impact you and your studies?
Award Entry Criteria:
- Interested aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria and other additional requirements.
- Interested aspirants are required to check and meet the English language requirements of their preferred university.
Interested students do not need application fee to apply for this award. All applications are done online.