The Aberystwyth University through the Institute of Biological, Environmental, and Rural
Sciences (IBERS) are pleased to offer Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships to
appropriately eligible multinational scholars who hope to register for Masters programmes for
This scholarship opportunity aspires to determine talented people who have the potential to
make a difference. We are determined to approach similar opportunities and non-prejudice and
facilitate applications from a variety of recipients.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): IBERS at Aberystwyth University
Host Institution(s): Aberystwyth University, UK
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Master
Ethnicity: Developing or middle-income Commonwealth countries
IBERS Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships | DETAILS
The Institute of Biological, Environmental and Rural Sciences (IBERS) at Aberystwyth
University, are delighted to have been granted a restricted number of British Commonwealth
Scholarship places for three of its Master programmes for September 2023 to 2024
To be qualified for IBERS Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships, candidates are
anticipated to fulfill the subsequent conditions:
- Recipients must be a resident of a developing or middle-income Commonwealth country, or a
refugee, or a British defended person.
- Have at least a second-class honors degree in an applicable profession OR have at least two
years applicable background. Applications from adult applicants with applicable experience will
be deemed on a case-by-case basis.
- Candidates from countries where English is not the first language must show proof of a
satisfactory knowledge of English before they commence their course. The level needed is
IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
- Be IT literate and have access to broadband at a speed capable of streaming videos
- Be permanently citizen in a qualified country (see Website for details of qualified countries).
- Not be presently in receipt of a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship.
- Embark not to study towards any other qualification for the period of their award.
- Be incompetent to pay to study the programme without this scholarship.
How-to-Apply: To be deemed for IBERS Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships, you
must apply for a place on the Master scholarship through the link for the IBERS Distance
Recipients must apply and secure admission to study an approved Master’s course at a
participating UK university in addition to applying for a Commonwealth Distance Learning
Scholarship through the CSC’s online application system.
Application Ending Date: April 30th, 2023