Are you interested in the government of Canada scholarships? This is your time to shine for every international student willing to study in Canada. At least 50 students will be awarded the government of Canada scholarships in the upcoming competition.
Students interested in the Government of Canada Scholarships are encouraged to begin the application process now at the post-secondary institution of their choice in Canada.
Undergraduate and graduate students from the newly eligible nations and territories can apply for Study in Canada Scholarships to participate in short-term exchange opportunities for study or research at the college.
Government of Canada Scholarships: Scholarship Details
- The scholarship is sponsored by the Government of Canada.
- It is a fully funded scholarship.
- Canadian post-secondary institution
- 50 awards are usually given per year but the numbers might increase
- The scholarship is for undergraduate, Master, and PhD
- Non-Canadian citizens are eligible for this scholarship.
Who is Eligible for the Government of Canada Scholarships
Below are the criteria that determine a candidate’s eligibility.
- Citizens of countries like
- You are eligible if you are from Asia including places like Bangladesh, Nepal, and Taiwan).
- Europe (Turkey, Ukraine)
- Middle East and North Africa ( Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia)
- Sub-Saharan Africa (Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda)
- being a full-time student at an accredited college or university in a participating country or territory, both at the time of application and throughout the duration of the exchange.
The Canadian post-secondary institution has to:
- Be a Designated Learning Institution (DLI);
- Have a current tuition-waiver agreement with the candidate’s home institution for student exchanges. An official letter from the international office or its equivalent at a Canadian institution is acceptable for applications for undergraduate and graduate student research without an agreement; and
- Before applying for a scholarship, make the candidate and their home institution aware of any required fees that, barring extraordinary circumstances, cannot be waived.
Benefits attached to the scholarship
The award amount is 10,200 or 12,700 Canadian dollars, depending on the length of the student’s program.
- You get a visa or study/work permit fees
- An airfare for the scholarship will be awarded to the recipient only via the most direct and economical route
- You get health insurance.
- Living expenses (accommodation, utilities, and food) will be covered.
- Transportation that includes a public transportation pass; and
- Materials for reading and writing, such as binders, notebooks, and pens, but not electronics.
How to apply
Those who wish to apply for a Government of Canada Scholarship 2023-2024 should get in touch with participating Canadian educational institutions.
- Application for the scholarship should be submitted on behalf of eligible candidates
- The scholarship opportunity has to be promoted to the institution’s faculty and staff members and other partner institutions from eligible countries.
- The application is ranked based on the institution’s strategic priorities.
- Determine someone responsible for the submission of applications.
- Get a Contribution Agreement signed with DFATD and disburse scholarship funds to victorious candidates and
- During the scholarship period, submit qualitative and quantitative reports.
Post-secondary institutions from eligible countries should:
- Liaise with Canadian partner institutions to confirm or investigate institutional partnerships and student exchange agreements;
- Utilize their international offices to spread the word about this scholarship opportunity;
- Find applicants who satisfy the prerequisites for admission to the Canadian partner institution;
- Provide the Canadian partner institution, which is in charge of submitting the scholarship applications, with supporting documentation for their candidates;
- Encourage the chosen candidates to advance their language and intercultural competence before leaving.
Application Deadline: March 21, 2023
For further details on the Government of Canada Scholarship, Visit the Official Website.
CHECK FOR RELATED ARTICLES BELOW