Gates Cambridge Scholarships is one of the most applied-for International scholarships in the whole world. These fully funded postgraduate studies scholarships are for the International students who desire to be great in their academic endeavour.
These Scholarships are granted to promising and vibrant non-United Kingdom citizens who want to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree at the University of Cambridge.
• Country: United Kingdom
• Degree: Postgraduate, Master’s degree, PhD
• Nationality: All nationalities
• Award: Fully funded
• Scholarship Opens: September 15, 2022
• Scholarship Closes: January 3, 2023
More Details About Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
Gates Cambridge Scholarships was founded in October 2000 with a donation worth US$210m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge.
Eligibility Criteria of Gates Cambridge Fully funded Scholarships:
Students can apply for the Gates Cambridge Fully funded Scholarships if they are:
- nationalities of countries outside the UK
- pursuing one of the below full-time courses at the University of Cambridge:
- 1 year postgraduate course
Award and Duration of Gates Cambridge Fully funded Scholarships
The following are some of the awards of Gates Cambridge fully Scholarships programme:
- A full tuition fees
- A maintenance allowance worth £18,384 for up to 12-month at the 2022-23 rate
- Students’ travel costs
- Students’ visa, and more
It also, it offers discretionary funding like academic development funding, fieldwork, family allowance, and more.
Read about the full scholarship award through this link.
What Gates Cambridge Scholarships are Looking for?
Recipients of Gates Cambridge fully funded scholarships are from different backgrounds and all of them contribute unique things to the programme.
The following are the four criteria Gates uses in selecting recipients.
- Excellent academic records
- Students’ reason(s) for choice of course
- Students’ commitment to improve the lives of others
- Students’ capacity for leadership
- A piece on the ratio of PhD:Masters awards
Students who are willing to apply for the Gates Cambridge fully funded scholarships are advised to prepare all the required documents for the scholarship program before they proceed with their applications.