The 2022 Government of New Zealand Doctoral Scholarships are now open for eligible international students to pursue a PhD in New Zealand.
The scholarship is a fully-funded opportunity to study at the best universities in New Zealand, and it covers the full costs of study and sufficient living stipends.
- Host Country: New Zealand
- Study Abroad: Study in Australia
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarship / Master Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Deadline: September 30, 2022
New Zealand in support of the Global Research Alliance on Agricultural Greenhouse Gases (GRA), is pleased to offer a PhD scholarship for students from developing countries.
This scholarship offers the possibility for students from developing countries to come to New Zealand to work on research projects related to agricultural greenhouse gas mitigation.
For this special round, four PhD projects aligned with New Zealand research programmes have been selected:
- Assessing soil carbon changes associated with land management and land use change.
- Long-term soil phosphorus fertiliser implications for soil nitrogen cycling and Greenhouse Gas emission.
- Plant and plant/microbiome traits impacting N2O emissions from soil.
- Climate Neutral Farms (ClieNFarms).
The scholarship is supported by the New Zealand Ministry for Primary Industries.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must satisfy the following:
- Your PhD study must be conducted in New Zealand (not from a distance)
- Meet the requirements to enrol for a PhD programme at the selected University
- You cannot hold citizenship or permanent residency status in New Zealand or Australia
- You must be from a developing country. Check here for current classification.
- You can apply to one of the available projects.