Are you an international student looking to study Data Science Courses In Canada? Canadians welcome international students to study in one of the most robust economies while taking advantage of a high standard of living and a flexible learning environment.
Due to its emphasis on attracting international students who can subsequently immigrate and its high regard for the calibre of its colleges, Canada is one of the most well-liked study destinations in the world.
Smaller student groups in classes ensure that each student receives the required attention and promote group projects and discussions.
Data science master’s degrees frequently overlap and instruct students on handling vast amounts of data. Data analysis and the extraction of practical insights for a specific person, company, or sector are the main goals of data science.
Data scientists must also translate their findings into papers or presentations that clients or broad audiences may easily understand.
If you’ve always enjoyed statistics and made decisions based on data and your observations of prior experiences, consider studying data science. You’re likely to succeed if you have an analytical mindset, strong problem-solving abilities, and superb attention to detail.
The need for data scientists is only anticipated to increase in the coming years as more firms rely on data science and analytics to make business decisions.
A career in this newly expanding and in-demand industry can be launched with a data science and analytics degree—one of the most popular places for overseas students to study data science and analytics in Canada. Students can choose from various undergraduate and graduate data science and analytics degrees offered by Canadian schools.
Top 15 Canadian Universities for studying data science
The top 15 Canadian universities for studying data science are listed below:
Click here for their data science programmes
Click here for their Data Science and Analytics programme
Click here for graduate Data Science and Analytics programme
Click here to view graduate Data Analytics programme
Click here to view graduate Data analytics programme
Click here to view undergraduate Data analytics programme
Click here to view graduate Data Science programmes
Click here to view graduate Data Science programmes
Click here to view Data analysis programme
Click here to view graduate Data Science programme
- University of Ottawa
Click here to view Data Science programme
Click here to view undergraduate Data Science programme
Click here to view available data analytics programmes
Click here to view graduate Data analytics programmes
Click here to view Data Science programme.
How to Study Data Science In Canada for International Students
What Qualifications Are Necessary for Data Science?
Business abilities include collaboration, teamwork, communication, domain knowledge, and business knowledge.
- Comprehension and analysis of the issue.
- The process includes the gathering, cleansing, and exploratory analysis of data.
- model development and evaluation
- Deployment, supervision, and governance of models
- The results are shared with business decision-makers.
Why is Canada’s Data Science program the best?
For International students interested in studying data science and analytics, Canada is a popular choice. At Canadian universities, students can pursue a range of undergraduate and graduate degrees in data science and analytics.
- The average annual salary for a data scientist at the entry-level is 60,000 USD.
- According to the Canada Big Data Consortium, the number of data scientists has more than doubled during the previous four years. However, there are still about 19,000 professionals needed.
- In the following five years, there will be a lucrative chance for around 4 million occupations requiring data science.
- Software engineers are less in demand than data scientists, who have a demand that is 50% higher.
Canadian Entry Requirements for Data Science
- You must satisfy the requirements to study data science in Canada.
- International candidates must have completed at least 16 years of school to apply to data science colleges in Canada.
Conditions for Eligibility
- Admission to Canadian data science colleges requires the GRE, GMAT, and English proficiency exams IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE.
- One can also apply for Canadian study permission, scholarships, and allowances if necessary.
- To enrol in PG diploma programs in data science in Canada, applicants must hold an undergraduate degree in computer science or a related field.
- The required TOEFL range for applicants is 86 to 93. A minimum IELTS score of 6 to 7 may be needed, depending on the data science college.
- The minimum GPA requirement is 3.0 out of a possible 4.33.
- Mark sheets for Standard X, XII, and Bachelor’s degrees, including attestations (if any)
- Two academic letters of recommendation for students.
- a purpose statement (SOP)
- Reports of GMAT, IELTS, and TOEFL scores, photocopies
- Others (extracurricular activities, state and national awards, and diplomas and accomplishments)
- Report on Medical Exams
- To start your data science studies in Canada, pick a program and a school.
- Send in the application and the required fee.
- Send in all necessary paperwork, including transcripts and any extras like a SOP, CV, LORs, and evidence of job experience.
- Additionally, you might be asked to participate in an interview.
- Apply for any financial help or scholarships that are offered at your university.
- Observe the admission result.
FAQs on Data Science Courses In Canada for International Students
How popular is data science in Canada?
Why is working in data science so popular? The following sectors are among those looking to capitalize on their data: banking, marketing, retail, information technology, and finance. They are all searching for data science specialists. Data science is, therefore, in high demand in Canada.
What courses should I take to train as a data scientist in Canada?
Multiple technical skills are needed.
In essence, data science is a synthesis of statistics, mathematics, and computer science. As a result, many organizations particularly search for employees with statistical skills. Data scientists admire machine learning skills because they enable them to find patterns in data.
Conclusion on Data Science Courses In Canada for International Students
You have selected to study in one of the most robust economies in the world if you have chosen to study in Canada, which has one of the strongest economies in the world. The nation offers your program a high standard of living, a top-notch education, and a welcoming community.