Commonwealth Scholarship Commission has opened the portal for the application of its Agency-nominated Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship programme. This fully funded scholarship programme is open to outstanding students from developing countries who desire to study in the United Kingdom.
Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC) offers the Government of UK scholarship scheme led by International development objectives.
This scholarship programme aims attract promising individuals with outstanding leadership potentials from all backgrounds, and support them to become innovators and leaders.
Summary of Scholarship
• Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
• Degree Level: Postgraduate & Master’s degree
• Eligible Nationalities: Students of Developing Countries
• Scholarship Type: Fully funded
• Application Closes: October 18, 2022
Details of Scholarship:
Aspirants’ applications will be considered based on the following criteria:
- Aspirant’s academic merit
- Quality of the plan of study
- Potential impact of the programme in aspirant’s home country
Eligibility Criteria of Scholarship:
- Aspirant must be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Aspirant must be permanently resident in a qualified Commonwealth country
- Aspirant must be ready to start academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2023
- By September 2023, aspirant must possess a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree (2:2) and an important postgraduate qualification.
- Aspirant must not be able to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship programme.
- Aspirant must provide all supporting documentation in the required format.
Duration and Award of Scholarship
Each scholarship provides:
- An approved airfare from aspirant’s home country to the UK and return at the end of his or her award
- It offers a full tuition fee to all shortlisted students
- A stipend worth £1,236 every month, or £1,516 per month for students at the universities in the London metropolitan area
- It offers a warm clothing allowance
- Thesis award towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation
- A study travel award towards the cost of study-related travel in the UK or overseas
- Aspirant with disability will have access to a full assessment of his or her needs and eligibility for additional financial aid will be offered by the CSC
Documentation & Submission of Scholarship
- A list of all undergraduate and postgraduate university qualifications acquired
- A list of 10 publications and prizes
- Aspirant’s details of employment history and explanation on how each job is relevant to the programme to be pursued in the UK
- Aspirant’s statement on the relevance of previous work experience to the proposed Scholarship
- Aspirant should list the name and positions of three referees who are eligible to comment on both capacity to benefit from the proposed Scholarship in the UK and the aspirant’s ability to impact the world positively. Among your referees, he or she must be a current employer
- Aspirants must provide a Development Impact Statement in four different parts
Procedure of Application
All applications must be made through the CSC’s online application system
Aspirants must apply to one of the below nominating agencies as well as to the CSC. Nominating agencies will then put forward aspirants to the CSC.
- National nominating agencies – this is the main route of applications
- Selected non-governmental organisations and charitable bodies
The nominating agency is in charge of its selection process and may have more eligibility criteria.
All aspirants must complete an application with the CSC’s online application system. The CSC won’t accept any applications that are not submitted through the online application system.
It’s the agencies will nominate aspirants to the CSC by December 2022.
Scholarship Closes: October 18, 2022
All applications for this scholarship programme are done and submitted online. The sponsor of this scholarship won’t accept any applications that’s not done online.