Are you a student who is interested in scholarships to study abroad: then this is the opportunity you have been waiting for. The Chinese Government Scholarship Program for International Students In 2023 is available.
The program is a Chinese government-funded assistance program developed by the Chinese Ministry of Education (MOE) to assist Chinese universities in recruiting excellent full-time master’s and doctoral international students for graduate study in China.
The Chinese Government Scholarship Program provides a fully financed scholarship that includes tuition waiver, housing, a stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance and can be used at any university or higher education institution in China.
- Scholarship Host Country: China
- Study Abroad in Asia
- Scholarships for Undergraduates | Postgraduates | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Countries Eligible: All Countries
- Full Scholarship | Stipends of CNY 3,500/month | Medical Insurance | Accommodation
- Not specified deadline
This scholarship offers a tuition waiver, accommodation, a stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance.
Foreign students will be eligible to join entrepreneurial enterprises in Beijing’s high-tech hub, the Zhongguancun National Demonstration Zone, and seek permanent residence, according to a new regulation announced on Wednesday by the Ministry of Public Security.
The Ministry of Education (MOE) developed the Chinese Government Scholarship—Chinese University Program to help Chinese universities in specific provinces or autonomous regions in attracting excellent foreign students for graduate study in China. Since 2008, the MOE has granted USTC permission to recruit full-time master’s and doctoral students under the Chinese Government Scholarship.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must do the following:
- To pursue postgraduate courses, applicants must be non-Chinese indigenes who are mentally and physically sound.
- Applicants must not be enrolled in a Chinese institution at the time of application, nor must they have graduated from a Chinese university in the previous year.
- Applicants for the master’s degree program must hold a bachelor’s certificate or its equivalent in China and be under 35 years old on September 1st of the cited year.
- Applicants for doctoral studies must hold a master’s degree (equivalent to a master’s degree in China) and be under the age of 40 on September 1st.
- Applicants should keep in mind that the Master’s Degree program will take 2-3 academic years to complete, whilst the Doctoral Degree Programs would take 3-4 years.
- Meet any other eligibility requirements imposed by universities for admission.
Scholarship Duration and Benefits
- Tuition costs
- Free university dorms or housing subsidies;
- Stipend: CNY 2,500 per month for undergraduates;
- CNY 3,000 per month for master’s students/general scholars
- CNY 3,500 per month for doctoral students/senior academics.
- Comprehensive medical insurance costs CNY 800 per year per person.
- 400 RMB per person (for programs lasting less than six months)
Applicants for Chinese Government Scholarships can apply online using the links below;
- You must consult your preferred Chinese university on this list for particular advice on how to apply and deadlines.
- Then, on the official scholarship application page, you can fill out and submit the online application form for the Chinese Government scholarship.